Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Open Heart, Quiet Mind





This week saw the end of an era.  My constant involvement in this community is the era I mean.  With no more yoga classes and no more Girl Scouts I feel all this space around me.  When I think too hard about it I begin to feel as if I just might drown at sea but when I quiet my mind and open my heart out into that space I feel love.

I have felt love many times while here in MD.  I have gained fabulous friends, I have had amazing yoga students, I have been a bit like the Pied Piper holding the hearts and minds of children around me and I have felt all the love I hold in my own heart for each of these people and of this community in which I have been lucky enough to call home.   The recognition, support and encouragement given to me in the past few days has been like nothing I have experienced before.  The best way I can think to describe it is that straight from the dryer warm and snugly blanket.  :-)  If life is measured in moments then the ones I have had recently set the bar pretty high!

This week my focus pose is Kapotasana http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/2469 (Yoga Journal, 2011).  This posture allows me to be strongly supported by the earth below.  I am firmly grounded and should it become too much the fall is minimal.  Given this foundation it's easy to be brave with the expansion and opening in my heart.  I can let go of fear and inhibitions, sending and receiving love freely.   My heart leads rather then my head.  When this happens grace is all around.  This is when I prove to myself that I am truly deserving of the showering of affection I have been experiencing; because that same affection pours from deep within me to those who I am surrounded by.  It's fluid, free and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment